Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm backkkk!!!!

Messy and me!

OK so wow it's been a really long time since I wrote in here - and I've been meaning to for ages (I say this exact same thing to my grandma every 6.5 months when I call her - I am a terrible, terrible person and I'm going straight to hell).

Alright now that we've got that out of the way, shit, I've got a lot to catch you up on. OK so let's do the Coles notes version of the past six months.

Side note - is it really sad when you come to my blog and that post is 6 months old and you're like 'Jeez, she just really gave up, didn't she?'. It's like going to your high school reunion and realizing the formerly hottest chick in your year put on like 50 lbs and is still dating the formerly hottest dude in school (who is now also super fat). So I promise I won't give up - I really want to write more I just have no time and my eyes hurt after 9 hours of staring at a screen all day (which is why I come home and go on Facebook. What?) Anyway I promise I'll update more now. I PROMISE GRANDMA!

So...
- Went to Paris (awesome, had escargots, shopped, drank good wine and ate lots of cheese)
- Jess visited (it was sloppy, great to catch up, I missed her, scenes missing)
- Jeremy and Sarah visited (it was sloppy, great to catch up, Sarah looks like Sinead O'Connor, drank a lot, scenes missing, they went to Scotland [alas I did not go], did I mention drinking?)
- Ryan came to visit (we went to Dublin, it was sloppy, he played baseball, it was hilarious, scenes missing)
- I went to Wales - I visited all the places my Dad lived and met people that knew him and saw how beautiful that country (nation? state? nationstate? I still don't understand the UK's political geography) is and how totally weird and sweet some of the people are there. I highly recommend you go!
- My parents came to visit (stayed in Knightsbridge (fancypants town - it was nice and the bed was more comfortable then the one I have in my flat), I got nostalgic and cried like a baby, stayed up til 4:30 am drinking [they also informed me their last party in Port Credit was broken up by the police - and you wonder why I have a drinking problem?] I went to Oxford with my Dad and had a posh lunch in the senior common room of Balliol while my dad relived his glory days 'that's where I peed my pants'! (note: may or may not have happened)
- During this time I also managed to work, Lifestyle is doing superbly, I've written some things and we're moving up in the ranks. I've been there six months now! Which is totally crazy insane and I haven't been fired so it looks like I may officially have been accepted into the British workforce!

There was a boy for a while but not any more - so that part of my life is fairly uneventful. But there are lots of other exciting things happening in the future!

1) I'm going to Barcelona for work! Five days on a pan-Euro editorial conference-y thing where we wear t-shirts and have book club? I don't really know what's going on but all I know is I am going to eat some paella and chug some rioja and have a Spanish delight of a time!

2) I am going back to Toronto for a MONTH December 3rd (mark it in your calendars) til January 3rd. I'll be working from the Toronto office for a week and a bit and then THREE WEEKS OF HOLIDAYS! I cannot wait for COLD CANADIAN weather. No seriously, it will have been almost a year since I've been back which is totally crazy and I actually am getting progressively more homesick as the days goes by. I've avoided telling any of my British brethren though because one thing they don't really do so well here is emotion. They do cider and ale and jager bomb trains but they're not so big on 'feelings'. Which is OK since I've murdered most of my intellectual and emotional capabilities with alcohol. Derp de derp.

3) I AM GOING ON A PRESS TRIP TO DISNEYWORLD! I don't want to give too much away, but I am going for a week at the end of October with a bunch of other journalists and I am SO excited. I promise a big fat brief when I get back (no, I will not get you Mickey's fucking autograph - he's easily the lamest of all Disney characters). I went to poor-man's Disneyland last year but THIS year I'm doing the real deal! So get ready.

4) I like it here and I am going to stay. I don't know for how long but I've made my decision. I might need to move out of my servant's quarters because literally living in a 'bed' room is not so fun. But Franks and I are loving our adventure so far (and though I can't speak for her for certain) I think we're both gonna give Jolly Old England another year at least!

5) Have to add this in: my broseph is getting married! Dawn and Chris sitting in a tree..wait, that doesn't seem appropriate here. Anyway they are! Next year! And I'm a bridesmaid. So I'll back in Canada then in case you want to pencil me EXTRA early.

So I know this was a lame ass post but I promise now that we have gotten over our lover's quarrel, Patsy and I will work extra hard to keep you all up to date with the VERY exciting goings on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment